Monday, July 19, 2010

Blech

OK... so The Last Airbender post is so not going to happen today. I'm freaking exhausted. I was woken by one of my cats, who thought it would be nice to knead my stomach and chest, lick my face, and generally try to suffocate me at 4:00 in the morning. Bastard. I mean, I love him... he's a lover, just a little love-bug, but good grief. 4:00 a.m.??? Couldn't fall asleep after I got up to go to the bathroom. So... I got up, showered, and did work. Now, at ten til eight, I feel like I could pass out.

I will relate an amusing story of what happened in my class today. One of my students has brought his son to a few classes, today included. His son is 5 years old. I tried to engage him to see if he had interest in Spanish or had fun in class. No answer. Then, another student, we'll call him Marcos, started talking to the boy. I don't remember what he said to the kid, but I remember the eruption of laughter from Marcos and the students around him. I asked what the kid had said. "I'll knock your head off." There were a jumble of comments flying around and laughter from the whole class. We needed to move on, so I said that was enough. "No more harassing and threatening. From either of you. No more." Marcos' response: "He started it!" Yeah, the whole class had a laugh at that. Marcos... 20 or 21 blaming the 5 year old. I will say, it started off the class positively and helped keep everyone awake so early in the morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment